Our protein-packed edamame crostini is the perfect appetizer or snack for your next celebration. This recipe is best served with a toasted baguette.
You can find this recipe in our Mediterranean Meal Plan.
Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1/2 cup edamame shelled
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided (2 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 each fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted nicoise olives
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 each whole wheat baguette
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Dice tomatoes, red pepper and olives. In a bowl, combine the edamame (found in the freezer section of most grocery stores), diced tomato, red pepper, olives, basil, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the baguette at an angle and brush each slice with extra virgin olive oil. Grill the bread slices on a BBQ, a hot pan on the stove, or under the broiler until lightly browned.
- Serve ¼ cup of the edamame salsa on each piece of toasted
This recipe can also be served on endive leaves for those looking to skip the bread. Rinse the endive and pull the leaves apart creating a small scoop. Add ¼ cup of the edamame salsa to each leaf. Portion: 1/4 cup each of edamame mix for endive or crostini
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7.5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!