Servings: 9 (click to scale)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 oz fresh mango diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb tempeh
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ginger minced
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions diced fine
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 oz panko bread crumbs
- To make quinoa: rinse quinoa under water until water runs clear. Bring water to a boil and stir in Quinoa. NOTE: If using Black Quinoa use 2:1 water: quinoa ratio. Simmer 12-15 minutes. Set aside.
- To make mango chili sauce: Place chili sauce and mangos in a non-reactive sauce pan and simmer covered for 20 minutes to soften the mangoes. Chill and add fresh lemon juice, first listed grated ginger and first listed fresh chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine quinoa, tempeh, panko, second listed ginger, soy sauce, second listed cilantro, green onion and breadcrumbs. Pulse until almost smooth. Portion into 4 oz. wt. balls. Form into patties. Press patties into panko to coat with breadcrumbs. Discard excess breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a pan. Pan fry cakes until golden brown and heated through. Discard leftover oil. Serve topped with mango chili sauce.
Recipe originally appeared on Flik blog.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 500mg | Fiber: 2g