Chickpea of the Sea Salad is our vegetarian spin on chicken of the sea, a brand of canned seafood products. This is a quick appetizer to make for guests.
Check out the other Veg Rev recipes here.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 each fresh celery stalks
- 2 each fresh scallions
- 15 oz canned garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup aquafaba mayo
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- 2 each fresh Roma tomatoes sliced
- 1-1/2 each french baguette bread
- Finely dice celery stalk. Finely chop green onions.
- In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a potato masher or fork until crumbly. Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately by making sandwich or wraps or refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- If you want to bake the baguette: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the slices evenly with olive oil. Bake until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes.
This recipe calls for aquafaba mayo which uses the liquid from canned chickpeas and keeps the dish vegan. It can also be made with a mayo of your choice.
Calories: 580kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 1130mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 12g