Our chickpea burgers can be made in 30 minutes, making it a quick recipe to make for the family! These burgers provide the same quality taste when utilized as leftovers so they are a great option for meal prepping, too.
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 6 Tbsp farro dry
- 2-1/4 cup canned garbanzo beans drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ea whole wheat hamburger bun
- 3 cup fresh arugula
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pinch kosher salt
- 6 each fresh tomatoes 1/4” slice
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cook farro in simmering water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. Should end up with ¾ cup cooked.
- Place rinsed, drained garbanzo beans into a food processor and add parsley, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, yogurt and salt. Process until smooth and scrap out into a bowl. Fold flour and cooked farro into the mixture. Shape into 6 oz patties, about 4” in diameter.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium high heat and drizzle in the oil. Cook the burgers until golden brown on top and heated through. Toast the buns.
- Meanwhile, season arugula with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and salt. Assemble each burger onto each bun with a slice of tomato, a burger and 1/2 cup of dressed arugula.
Cooked farro is nutritious and adds texture to the burger. Try with other whole grains such as Grano, pearled barley, wheat berries and brown rice.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 540mg | Fiber: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!