Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat
- 1/4 cup green onion thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Brown sausage in heavy bottom or cast iron pot on medium, avoid stirring allow sausage to brown. Add onion, celery, and green pepper and sauté. Allow vegetables to soften and brown. Add tomato paste, allow to brown. Add rice, allow grains to cook and turn translucent. Add stock, tomatoes, and seasoning.
- Bring to boil, then simmer covered for 20 min, turn heat off, allow to stand 5 minutes, rice will be tender. Add chicken and green onions, serve with warm poboy bread.
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!
Leave a Reply