Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 oz. Rice noodles
- 8 oz. Shrimp cooked, peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups Boston bibb lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup Thai basil
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro
- 1 med Fresh carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 cup Napa cabbage shredded
- 1/2 ea Avocado
- 4 ea Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 ea Fresh English cucumbers
- 8 ea Spring roll wrappers 8 inch round sheets
Hoisin Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp Creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Seasoned rice vinegar
- Prepare dipping sauce by combining sauce ingredients and reserve.
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until al dente. Shock them by immediately placing them in ice water to stop the cooking process and drain them well.
- Combine the noodles, carrots, cucumber, lettuce and cabbage to make the filling.
- Soak the rice paper in warm water for about 15 seconds, until it starts to soften and then place it on your cutting board. Place about a half cup of the vegetable filling in the center of the wrapper and top it with the basil, cilantro, mint, avocado and two shrimp pieces.
- Roll from the bottom up containing the filling with your fingers. Once the bottom skin rolls over once, push down to flatten it a little. Fold in two sides snugly, and then roll up the parcel. Lay it seam side down on a serving plate. Serve with the hoisin dipping sauce.
If you can’t find Thai Basil, feel free so sub Italian Basil.
Serving: 2ea | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 435mg | Fiber: 2g