Servings: 48 scones
- 1.5 cups soy milk, unflavored
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp cha Thai tea, loose leaf
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1.75 cup vegan butter or Earth Balance
- 3/4 cup sweetened applesauce
- 4.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp soy creamer
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes to allow milk to curdle.1.5 cups soy milk, unflavored, 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.4.5 cups all-purpose flour, 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup sugar, granulated, 2 tbsp baking powder, 1.5 tsp baking soda, 1.5 tsp kosher salt, 3 tbsp cha Thai tea, loose leaf, 1/4 tsp ground cardamom, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1.5 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Cut cold vegan butter in small chunks and mix into the dry ingredients with hands or pastry cutter until small crumbs form. Set aside.1.75 cup vegan butter or Earth Balance
- Mix applesauce into soy milk and apple cider vinegar bowl. Add mixture into dry ingredient mix, stirring until just combined.3/4 cup sweetened applesauce
- Place dough on floured surface and divide into 6 equal pieces.
- Flour an 8'' cake pan. Press one piece of dough into the pan and flip upside down to release, to give you a formed shape. Cut into 8 even pieces. Repeat with remaining 5 pieces of dough to get 48 pieces total. You can also cut in 4 pieces to get 24 larger scones.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool.
- While baking, mix together powdered sugar, soy creamer and ground cinnamon to form a glaze.4.5 cups powdered sugar, 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon, 4 tbsp soy creamer
- Once scones are mostly cool, spread glaze to cover the tops.
Serving: 1each | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 245mg | Fiber: 1.5g