We’ve got a plant-based buffalo “chicken” recipe ready for you and your next football party. Our buffalo cauliflower bites are paired with our low-waste aquafaba mayo for dipping. While buffalo-inspired snacks are usually more popular around football season, this recipe would make a great appetizer any time of the year.
Check out the other Veg Rev recipes here.
Servings: 12 (click to scale)
- 4 lb fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 3 sprays cooking spray
- 1/2 cup aquafaba mayo
- 1 cup Franks RedHot sauce
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cauliflower into florets and rinse. Drain well.
- Combine garbanzo flour, garlic powder, salt, paprika and 2 cups water to make the batter. Whisk until combined. Dip cauliflower in batter and place baking sheets lined with parchment paper, in a single layer without touching. (May be frozen on covered sheet pans at this point and baked directly from freezer.)
- Spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops start to get golden brown and crisp.
- Combine Buffalo Sauce and Aquafaba Mayo in a bowl. Pull cauliflower out of the oven and add them to bowl with sauce and toss to coat. Put them back into oven for another 5 minutes to crisp back up. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Portion: 1 cup (7 oz)
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 850mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!