We’ve got a plant-based buffalo “chicken” recipe ready for you and your next football party. Our buffalo cauliflower bites are paired with our low-waste aquafaba mayo for dipping. While buffalo-inspired snacks are usually more popular around football season, this recipe would make a great appetizer any time of the year.
Check out the other Veg Rev recipes here.
- 4 lb fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 3 sprays cooking spray
- 1/2 cup aquafaba mayo
- 1 cup Franks RedHot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cauliflower into florets and rinse. Drain well.
- Combine garbanzo flour, garlic powder, salt, paprika and 2 cups water to make the batter. Whisk until combined. Dip cauliflower in batter and place baking sheets lined with parchment paper, in a single layer without touching. (May be frozen on covered sheet pans at this point and baked directly from freezer.)
- Spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops start to get golden brown and crisp.
- Combine Buffalo Sauce and Aquafaba Mayo in a bowl. Pull cauliflower out of the oven and add them to bowl with sauce and toss to coat. Put them back into oven for another 5 minutes to crisp back up. Remove from oven and serve hot.