This is the perfect low-waste recipe as the broccoli stems are re-purposed to lay the foundation for this non-traditional chimichurri. Featuring parsley, cilantro and garlic to make this an irresistible sauce for pretty much any dish – pizza, veggie burgers, tacos and more!
- 2 oz fresh broccoli
- 1/4 oz fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 oz fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cloves fresh garlic peeled, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin Ground
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp granulated sugar
- 1-1/8 oz apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 ea fresh serrano peppers seeded, minced
- 1-1/2 fl oz water
- 1-1/2 fl oz canola oil
- Cut the outer sides off of the broccoli stems on all four sides. Reserve the sides for another dish. Dice the broccoli stems into 3/4 inch pieces. Blanch or steam the broccoli until very tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except the oil) into a blender. Turn on the blender and stream in the oil a small amount at a time. Process until smooth.