This is the perfect low-waste recipe as the broccoli stems are re-purposed to lay the foundation for this non-traditional chimichurri. Featuring parsley, cilantro and garlic to make this an irresistible sauce for pretty much any dish – pizza, veggie burgers, tacos and more!
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli
- 1/4 oz fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 oz fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic peeled, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 each fresh serrano peppers seeded, minced
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup canola oil
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cut the outer sides off of the broccoli stems on all four sides. Reserve the sides for another dish. Dice the broccoli stems into 3/4 inch pieces. Blanch or steam the broccoli until very tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except the oil) into a blender. Turn on the blender and stream in the oil a small amount at a time. Process until smooth. Use as a sauce for pizza, veggie burgers, tacos and more!