Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 8 oz fresh white mushrooms
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 ea tortillas corn, 6"
- 4 cup cabbage thinly shredded
- 2 ea fresh scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapenos diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add the mushrooms to a food processor. Pulse in 10 second intervals until the mushrooms are finely chopped into pieces of similar size.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the mushrooms and cook until they just begin to soften, 2 minutes. Add the turkey. Continue to cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink and cooked completely through. Turn off the heat. All liquid should evaporate. If it doesn’t, drain the blend.
- Stir in the pineapple juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, chipotle chili powder, oregano, and black pepper. Return the heat to medium and cook for 1 more minute, stirring often.
- To make the slaw, stir together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- For each taco, top a warm tortilla with the al pastor mushroom and turkey blend. Top with some slaw before serving.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 530mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g