Servings: 3 (click to scale)
- cheese cloth
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 each fresh rosemary stem, chopped
- 3 slices blood orange
- 5 each fresh blackberries
- 3 each fresh rosemary stems, ~3 in. each
- 1/2 liter club soda
- 1 dash orange bitters
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- SHRUB PREP -Mash fresh blackberries with sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow fruits to expel juices. Stir in vinegar. Cover and let steep on the counter covered for 2 days. Stir occasionally. Strain out solids with a cheese cloth.
- SIMPLE SYRUP PREP -Combine ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup water, and rosemary in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Let cool for 10-15. Strain out the rosemary and store in the refrigerator.
- ASSEMBLY -Right before serving in an 8 fl oz size glass, add Ice, 2 TBSP blackberry shrub, 1 TBSP rosemary simple syrup (adjust for sweetness),4-6 fl oz seltzer or soda water, dash orange bitters, garnish with half slice blood orange on side of glass and 3 in rosemary stem skewered with 2 blackberries.