Whole grain pasta sauteed with beets, beet greens, feta, almonds and garlic.
- 12 ounce spaghetti pasta whole grain, dry
- 2 pound fresh yellow beets with greens attached
- 5 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 6 Tbsp fresh yellow onions diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic peeled, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp sliced toasted almonds
- 1-1/2 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Rinse whole beets with tail and a bit of the stem still intact. Place in a baking dish and drizzle with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and thyme. Cover tightly with foil and roast until fork tender. Remove from oven allow to cool slightly. Cut off tail and stem end. Peel with hands and dice.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (no salt in the water); strain and chill. Reserve some of the cooking water.
- Chop and rinse beet greens.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet and add the onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, the garlic should be toasted. Add the diced beets, beet greens and the pasta. Stir to heat through and wilt the greens. Add the reserved cooking water, just to moisten and help with wilting the greens (about 1-2 Tbsp per serving). Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in pasta bowl and garnish with toasted nuts, crumbled cheese and pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.