Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 8 oz dry black beans
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh jalapeno peppers minced
- 2 Tbsp red onion chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 medium sweet potato shredded
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 each whole wheat hamburger bun
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Soak beans overnight in a bowl full of water, making sure the beans are covered completely. Then, cook beans on the stovetop until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine blueberries, pineapple, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, and salt. Toss to mix and set aside.
- Mash half of the black beans in a bowl. Add mashed and un-mashed beans, shredded sweet potato, ground chicken, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Form into patties. Grill patties on medium hot grill or skillet until an internal temperature of 165*F is attained.Assemble burgers.
Recipe originally posted on Flik blog.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 470mg | Fiber: 6g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!