Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1 each avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 cup salsa verde canned or jarred
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup fresh roma tomatoes diced
- 1 each avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 12 each egg
- 1 1/2 pound corn tortilla chips
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Combine first avocado listed and salsa verde in a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- To cook scrambled eggs, heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into a container and whisk them until the whites and yolks are combined. Add whisked eggs to pan and stir constantly with a rubber spatula being careful to clean the edges of the pan. Once the eggs are completely cooked, add salt, mix well and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss tortilla chips with avocado salsa verde until all chips are coated evenly. In an oven safe serving vessel, layer chips, scrambled eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350F until the cheese is melted. About 3-4 minutes.Once cheese is melted, remove chilaquiles from oven and garnish with onion, pepper, tomato, and diced avocado. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Avocados from Mexico.
Calories: 715kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 355mg | Sodium: 1520mg | Fiber: 14g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!