This Peanut Noodle Salad features traditional Thai ingredients with fresh produce and rotisserie chicken. If you have leftover pasta on hand, you can use it in place of fettuccine to reduce food waste and cut down on prep time.
- 11 oz dry fettuccine pasta
- 8 each fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh scallion
- 1 each zucchini squash
- 6 oz rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh carrot tops
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Gochujang sauce
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp sweet chili sauce
- Wash and scrub all produce. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and cool pasta and set aside.
- Season, cook and cool chicken, ensuring the internal temperature reaches 165F. Separate the chicken meat from the bones and keep the bones to use in a stock or soup.
- Combine peanut butter, 1/2 cup warm water, soy sauce, cayenne, sesame oil, Gochujang sauce, lime juice, and sweet chili sauce.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make strips of zucchini and place in a large bowl. Cut scallions into 1/4 inch slices (at an angle). Cut basil (including stem) into small strips. Chop cilantro (including stems). Chop the carrot tops into small pieces. Pull chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken, cilantro, basil, zucchini, scallions, pasta, carrot tops, peanut sauce, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Taste and season with additional lime juice, salt and pepper if desired. Mix well.
- Place cold noodle salad on plate and garnish with whole peanuts. Extra garnish options: cilantro, basil or shaved carrots.