Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/2 cup dried cannellini beans
- 2 each thyme sprig fresh
- 1 each garlic clove crushed
- 1 each bay leaf
- 12 oz swiss chard fresh
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 each anchovy fillets
- 2 each garlic cloves minced
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- To cook beans: Combine beans and 5 times amount of water in a medium pot. Let soak overnight. Alternatively, for a quick soak, bring the beans and water to a boil, boil 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain the beans and return to the pot. Add 5 times amount of water, thyme sprigs, first listed garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover partially and simmer until the beans are tender but still hold their shape, about 1 hour to 2 hours depending on freshness of beans (Beans not presoaked will take longer about 2 to 3 hours to cook.) Check and add more water if necessary to keep beans completed covered during cooking. Cool in the liquid. Drain the beans.
- Remove tough stems from the chard and rough chop leaves; rinse and set aside. Add canola oil and anchovies into a hot sauté pan. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes and mash the anchovies. Add second listed garlic and sauté until it begins to brown. Add the white beans and the chard and sauté until the chard wilts. Serve hot.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 256mg | Fiber: 9g