Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 2.5 oz. dry green lentils
- 12 oz. raw shrimp
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 ea. garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- 1 ea. fresh lemon
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook lentils, cool and reserve.
- Mince garlic, cut cherry tomatoes in half and chop herbs separately (parsley, thyme, oregano).
- Heat a large sauté pan on high heat. Once the pan is hot add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the shrimp and cook for about two minutes per side. Remove shrimp from the pan and reserve.
- Add wine to the pan, scraping up any bits. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook two to three minutes so they release their juices and start to make a sauce.
- Add the lentils, arugula, herbs and shrimp. Mix well.
- Juice the lemon right into the pan watching not to let any seeds fall in. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide equally between plates or bowls. Place shrimp on top and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 462mg | Fiber: 5g