Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1 pound fresh red beets
- 2 quarts water
- 14 oz fresh bananas 3 inch pieces
- 14 oz frozen raspberries
- 6 oz frozen blueberries
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 oz flax seeds whole
- 1 1/4 cup plain soy milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 6 oz fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Wash all produce before using. Place beets in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water and cover. Steam for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove and cool. Peel and cube. Reserve in cooler. Peel and place bananas in freezer overnight.
- Place all ingredients, including banana and beets into a high-speed blender. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- To assemble: Place 12 ounces of smoothie base into a bowl. Top with 1 ounce each of sliced banana, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, and 1 tablespoon each of sliced almonds and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 112mg | Fiber: 13g