Servings: 9 (click to scale)
- 1/3 oz salted butter
- 1 oz fresh yellow onions julienne sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz Fresh Butternut Squash 1" cubed
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 tsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 oz fresh mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1.2 lb fresh eggplant 1/4" sliced
- 1 ea egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 oz burrata cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Prepare Squash Puree. Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat butter in a pan over a low heat, add onion. Sweat onion for 20 minutes or until onions have completely wilted and become caramelized. Meanwhile, toss pumpkin with olive oil and coriander. Place in oven safe pan, covered tightly with foil, and place in oven. Roast pumpkin for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Discard foil and allow pumpkin to cool.
- Add onion, butternut squash, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Using a mixer on medium speed, whisk ingredients together. Slowly drizzle in heavy cream. Once all heavy cream has been added, turn to highest speed on mixer and whip for 15 minutes.
- Prepare Pumpkin Eggplant ParmesanHeat oil to 350° F to fry eggplant and preheat oven to 350°F.In a medium sauce pan, heat puree until it begins to bubble. Whisk in salt, nutmeg, and mascarpone. Let sauce simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place breadcrumbs, flour, and beaten egg in separate bowls. Coat eggplant with flour, then dip into beaten egg, then coat eggplant with panko bread crumbs. Make sure eggplant is well coated. Deep fry eggplant for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In oven safe pan, spread a thin layer of the pumpkin puree on bottom. Top with a layer of fried eggplant. Layer eggplant with a thin layer of pumpkin puree and sliced burrata. Continue to layer the Eggplant Parmesan in this order. Place in oven to 20 minutes or until cheese is melting and bubbling. Garnish with chopped basil.
Recommend using sugar pumpkin or substitute the pumpkin with butternut squash. Serve with pasta and your favorite sauce.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!