Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 oz coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced fine
- 2 Tbsp garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp Matriark low sodium vegetable concentrate
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 oz canola oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup yellow onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp Matriark low sodium vegetable concentrate
- 2 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 3 1/2 cup canned green jackfruit drained
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat add oil. Once oil is hot add garlic and onions a sauté until golden brown.Add ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, coconut aminos, mustard, black pepper, paprika, vegetable concentrate, and water. Whisk together, then bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and a thick sauce forms. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat jackfruit dry. Heat oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Add garlic and onions, cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add salt, jackfruit, cumin, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika and Worcestershire. Add vegetable concentrate and water and bring to simmer.
- Place jackfruit on a sheet pan spreading it out. Bake for 75 minutes, jackfruit should be deep brown and moisture should be baked out. Add barbecue sauce over the jackfruit. Mix and bake for another 15 minutes. Hold hot for service.
Recipe submitted by Matriark Foods.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 970mg | Fiber: 2g