In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This polenta with sun dried tomato walnut pesto is a perfect example of switching up a traditional breakfast recipe with different ingredients!
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup polenta yellow cornmeal, dry
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts halved
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil (including stems), walnuts, and red pepper flakes into blender for food processor and pulse until combine. Gently add in oil and pulse until well mixed.
- In sauce pot bring water to boiling and add polenta, stirring with whisk for 2-3 minutes. Allow to cook on medium low heat stirring every few minutes until done, about 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk in tomato pesto into hot polenta and stir to combine and serve.
Portion: 1 cup
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 15mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g