Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 ea bosc pear
- 2/3 cup water cold
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 tsp Honey
- 4 oz low fat vanilla yogurt
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- In a medium sauce pot bring 1/2 of the coriander, vanilla, lemon & lime zest, sugar, wine and water to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil reduce to a simmer. Peel the pears, making sure to leave the stem attached. Gently drop the pears into the simmering poaching liquid. Simmer the pears for 15 to 20 minutes in the liquid. Make sure to place a piece of foil over the top of the pan to help keep flavor and moisture. After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the stove. Carefully remove the pears from the liquid and place them into a proper cooling pan. Pour the poaching liquid over the top. Allow the pears to sit over night in the poaching liquid.
- Mix the yogurt, honey and remaining coriander together to form the filling.
- First, remove a pear from the liquid. Cut the pear down the center from top to bottom. Remove the seeds from the pear with a small spoon. Place the two halves of the pear into a serving plate. Place 1 oz. (approximately 2 Tbsp) of the spiced yogurt mixture on top of the pears.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 25mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 42g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!