Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 pound fresh sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 4 Tbsp fresh garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp ground balck pepper
- Wash, dry and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick discs. (depending on the size of the potato-if large, cut into 1/2 inch thick)Place into a pan with a steam bath and steam for 15-20 minutes or until slightly fork tender. Remove from the steamer and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, and ingredients to make a paste. Set aside.
- Spray a sheet tray or baking pan with the oil. Lay the potato discs evenly across the sheet. Spoon or brush the top with the oil mixture. top with freshly cracked pepper. Place into a 350F oven and bake for 10-20 minutes or until they've reached the desired degree of doneness. (cheese should be melted and slightly browned) Remove from the oven and serve.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 202mg | Fiber: 4g