These tasty tater tots are made with cauliflower instead of potatoes. Try dipping them in ketchup or make spicy dip such as ketchup mixed with sriracha!
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 2 lbs fresh cauliflower
- 5 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 ea egg white
- 6 sprays cooking spray
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and boil until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain in a colander, shaking to remove excess water. Return the cauliflower to the pot and dry over medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, mash the cauliflower until it resembles clumpy rice. Transfer to a large bowl to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Stir flour and cheese into the cooled cauliflower. Season with pepper and salt. Whisk the egg whites until frothy and stir into the cauliflower mix. Line an 8-inch-square baking dish with plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to hang over the edges. Spread the cauliflower mixture into the pan, compacting it into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the freezer until very cold, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.Spread breadcrumbs on a plate. Gently turn the cauliflower mixture out onto a cutting board, removing the plastic wrap. Cut it into 36 evenly sized pieces. Roll the pieces in the breadcrumbs, turning to coat all sides. Place on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.Coat the tots with cooking spray. Bake, turning once halfway through, until browned, 35 to 45 minutes.
Portion: 6 each
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.