These oatmeal pancakes are satisfying and light and paired with a mouth-watering applesauce that can act as a substitution for syrup. Nut butters and Greek yogurt can also be used as toppings.
Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk (1%)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup egg white
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 cups fresh red delicious apples cored and peeled
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest, grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Combine dry oatmeal with buttermilk, skim milk, egg white and oil. Allow to sit for 20 minutes to soften the oats.
- Prepare applesauce: Combine apples, dark brown sugar, lemon zest and juice, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt in a large pan over medium heat. Cook 25 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; mash to desired consistency. Stir in sour cream.
- Combine all dry ingredients: light brown sugar, baking powder and soda, both flours and cinnamon. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients and stir just to combine. Heat flat top or pancake griddle and cook using a 2 oz ladle of batter per pancake. Turn over only once. Top with, or serve on the side, 1/2 cup of the Rustic Applesauce.
Portion: 2 pancakes, 1/2 cup applesauce
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 400mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 27g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!