When selecting the seafood you want to prepare for a meal, always try to choose sustainable seafood. You can check the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Recommendations to help guide your choices. Try to always purchase the Green – Best Choices or Yellow – Good Alternatives. You can always ask your fish monger as well for their recommendations.
- 1 cup jicama peeled, 1/4 inch julienne sticks
- 1/2 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Fresh Tomatoes 1/4 inch diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro rough chopped
- 1 tsp fresh garlic peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tsp jalapeno peppers fresh minced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp ground paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 ea tilapia fillets 3-5 oz
- 4 ea 12" spinach tortilla wrap
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix jicama, red cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, oil, green onions, jalapeno and season with half of the salt and reserve.
- Mix paprika, cumin, oregano, black pepper, onion powder and remaining salt. Mix well and reserve.
- Pat dry the thawed tilapia. Sprinkle spice blend on both sides of fish fillets; place on sheet pan and bake in oven until cooked through, (internal temperature must reach 145°F) about 10minutes. (Alternately, pan sear fish fillet in a hot pan on both sides until cooked through) Let cool until you can lightly crumble the fish. Reserve.
- For each quesadilla, place one tortilla on cutting board and sprinkle 1/2 oz. cheese on one half of the tortilla; top with 1 cup salad and top with 1 of the lightly crumbled fish fillets; top again with 1/2 oz. cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over and even out a little and toast both sides on a hot dry skillet or pancake griddle until toasted and heated through. Internal temperature should be 165°F.Cut quesadilla into four wedges and serve immediately with your favorite accompaniments like salsa or guacamole.