We have a new spin on the classic BLT. The addition of watermelon adds some sweetness to this otherwise savory sandwich.
Servings: 1 (click to scale)
- 1 slice applewood smoked bacon
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 slice watermelon
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 slices whole wheat bread sliced
- 1/4 cup arugula lettuce
- 1 1/2 tsp light mayonnaise
- Cook bacon and grill watermelon: Place bacon on a sheet tray and place into a 400F oven for 20-23 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Trim the skin from the watermelon. Cut the watermelon into ½ inch thick squares, approximately the same size as the bread slices. Alternatively, you can use strips of watermelon that are the same thickness. Pat watermelon dry with a paper towel. Spray the sides of the watermelon with pan spray and then place onto a medium-high pre-heated grill. Cook 1 minute on each side to get grill marks and flavor. Remove from the grill and set aside to cool.
- Make the sandwich: Toast the bread in a toaster or on top of a flat-top grill. Spread the mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Grind or sprinkle the pepper onto the mayonnaise. Place the arugula on one side of the bread, top with the watermelon and then the bacon. Top with the other side of the bread, cut in half and serve.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 380mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0g