Servings: 12 (click to scale)
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine well.
- In an separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, coconut and oil until well blended. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix on speed 1 for 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl and continue to mix again on speed 1 for several minutes.
- Mix remaining sugar and coconut ingredients together – this will go on top of muffins after scooping. In a prepared muffin pan, fill each cup with batter. Take sugar/coconut mixture and sprinkle approximately 2 tsp on top of each muffin. Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 220mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!