Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 2 2/3 cups water cold
- 13 oz fresh carrots
- 3/4 cups fresh yellow onions finely diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic crushed
- 1/2 oz vegetable base low sodium
- 1/4 cup fresh celery stalks finely diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Peel and chop carrots. Heat oil in stock pot, add carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and cumin and sauté until caramelization begins.
- Add water and vegetable base and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 60 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Purée soup with blender or burr mixer. Add lime juice and cilantro. Portion size: 8 fl oz.
This soup is a great way to use oddly shaped carrots to prevent them from going to waste.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3.5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 390mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!