This easy almond apple crumble recipe is great for those who love apple pie but not the process of preparing the crust! With a total cook time of 40 minutes, you’ll be able to enjoy this warm, comforting dessert in no time.
- 3-1/4 cup frozen apples sliced
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1-1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp water
- 4-1/2 oz almond flour
- 4-1/2 oz rice flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 7 1/2 oz fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350. degrees F. Make sure to firmly pack the apples into what you’re using to measure them.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the apples, cornstarch, vanilla extract, lemon juice and brown sugar. Spray the baking dish with cooking spray and spread the mixture evenly.
- Melt coconut oil and let cool. Mix together the water, almond flour, rice flour, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Spread evenly over the apple filling and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the apples are juicy and tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Divide into 3 oz. portions. Serve each portion with 1 Tbsp of yogurt and drizzle 1/2 tsp of honey.