We’re swapping eggs for cauliflower in this vegan take on an egg salad. This low-waste recipe uses chickpea brine (aquafaba) to make the mayo that’s used in the rest of the recipe.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/4 cup aquafaba mayo
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower
- 1 + 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh celery stalks small dice
- 1 Tbsp fresh red onions chopped fine
- 1 tsp fresh dill weed chopped
- Make the aquafaba mayo first.
- To make the cauliflower salad, bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes.Whisk mayo, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp dion mustard, hot sauce, turmeric and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl.Add the cauliflower to the bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher or fork. Stir in celery, onion and dill.
Portion: 1/2 cup
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 170mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!