Servings: 12 (click to scale)
- 1 1/2 pound firm tofu drained
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound red cabbage julienned
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 5 ounce yellow onions diced finely
- 6 ounce button mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounce fresh baby spinach
- 6 ounce fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 ounce canned black beans low sodium
- 1 1/2 cup pre-made guacamole
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Drain and press tofu for at least 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric and water, mix well. Reserve. In a separate bowl, toss cabbage and lime juice. Reserve.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and mushrooms; cook until slightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, tomatoes and black beans; cook until the spinach wilts, another 2-3 minutes. Remove ingredients from pan and reserve. Place skillet back on the burner and crumble tofu into hot pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until hot and starting to caramelize. Add spiced water and mix with tofu thoroughly. Allow excess liquid to evaporate, 1-2 minutes, add the reserved vegetables and beans back to the pan and toss all ingredients together and heat through.
- To Assemble: On a preheated grill or griddle, heat 2 corn tortillas on both sides, then build tacos and serve immediately.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 470mg | Fiber: 7g