Our sausage, pepper & mushroom pizza is loaded with veggies. This homemade pizza recipe is a great way to get the whole family involved with making dinner. The best part about pizza is that it is totally customizable, so if there’s an ingredient you want to switch, switch it to something else you enjoy.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 6 oz raw turkey sausage
- 1 ea green bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Crumble sausage into a medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, breaking up with a spatula or spoon, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Place bell pepper, mushrooms and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Spread sauce evenly over the crust. Top with the sausage, pepper and mushrooms and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.