Who knew adding a Mexican flare to this picnic favorite would make such a tasty dish? The creamy avocado dressing, along with the cherry tomatoes and black beans make this recipe a flavor powerhouse!
You can find this recipe in our A Week of Quick Dinners Meal Plan.
- 1/2 each fresh avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 each fresh garlic cloves peeled. minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 8 oz whole grain penne pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- To prepare dressing combine avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin in a mini food processor. Puree until smooth.
- To prepare pasta salad cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, then drain again. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, cheddar cheese, red onion and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.