Massaging the kale infuses the garlicky dressing into the greens, making the flavors of this kale salad more pungent and spicy.
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 8 cups fresh baby kale
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 ea fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp less sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Strip kale leaves from the stems (discard stems). Wash and dry the leaves. Tear the leaves into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Add Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, anchovy (if using), pepper and salt. With clean hands, firmly massage and crush the greens to work in the flavoring. Stop when the volume of greens is reduced by about half. The greens should look a little darker and somewhat shiny. Taste and adjust seasoning with more Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce and/or pepper, if desired.
Portion: 1 cup
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 320mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.