This fun twist on traditional pumpkin pie includes gingersnap cookies, raisins and fat free vanilla ice cream!
Servings: 10 (click to scale)
- 7-1/2 oz gingersnaps cookies
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cups fat free vanilla ice cream, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.To prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Portion: 1 slice
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 160mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.