Our chipotle chicken burrito bowl can be enjoyed as a balanced lunch or dinner. This bowl covers all the bases by offering a blend of wholesome ingredients like quinoa, pinto beans, chicken, veggies, and avocado.
- 1 Tbsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 cup canned pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 each fresh avocado diced
- 1/4 cup thick and chunky salsa, medium heat
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 each fresh lime wedge
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler. Combine chipotles, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl. Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Oil the grill rack or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes. Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165F, 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 avocado, 1 Tbsp salsa and 1 Tbsp cheese. Serve with 1 lime wedge.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.