This southwestern flavored black bean soup comes together in minutes. Divide them into individual serving containers for a quick and easy meal!
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 each fresh yellow onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 30 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky medium salsa
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp low fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add beans, water, salsa and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender and puree (use caution when pureeing hot liquids). Stir the puree back into the saucepan. Serve garnished with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Portion: 1 1/4 cup
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 410mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.