Servings: 3 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp paprika, ground
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, canned, drained
- 1.5 cup tomatoes, crushed, canned
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 each whole eggs
- 2 each whole wheat pita pockets, 6"
- 9 oz red bliss potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you'll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Toss the red bliss potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on sheet pan and roast at 375 degrees until fork tender.9 oz red bliss potatoes, diced, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/8 tsp kosher salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium. Cook onions and bell peppers until translucent.2 tbsp olive oil, 1 cup yellow onion, chopped, 1 cup red bell peppers, diced
- Stir in cumin, paprika, garlic and black pepper. Cook until fragrant. Add the roasted potatoes and chickpeas. Stir in the crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir in parsley.1 tsp cumin, ground, 1 tsp paprika, ground, 1 Tbsp garlic, minced, 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground, 1/2 cup chickpeas, canned, drained, 1.5 cup tomatoes, crushed, canned, 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- To make 4 separate servings, separate the sauce into 4 smaller skillets or baking dishes. If serving from one pan, skip this step.
- Use the back of a spoon to make wells in the sauce for the eggs. Crack 2 eggs into each small baking dish (or 8 eggs into the large baking dish). Bake in a 375 degree oven until eggs are set but yolks are still runny, about 8-10 minutes.8 each whole eggs
- Cut the pita into 6 pieces, toast lightly if desired, and serve 2 pieces per person to dip in the dish.2 each whole wheat pita pockets, 6"
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 520mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!
Leave a Reply